Monday, December 12, 2011

This KB Home in Las Vegas was built CHEAP AND SLOPPY!

I've just spent the past several months remodeling a KB built home in Western Las Vegas.  I am appalled at the number of short cuts taken in construction and the general sloppy workmanship throughout.  A couple of quick examples, just from the past week:

1.  Sheet vinyl flooring did not adhere to the substrate and was installed after fixtures and base moulding.  (hence, it was peeling up everywhere -- which did make it easy to remove)

2.  Door hinges were installed upside down.

3.  Tile floors were installed over massive amounts of duct tape on the concrete substrate (not sure why the tape was there -- but the tiles didn't bond).

4.  Holes cut in the subfloor for plumbing lines were in the wrong spot (not repaired) and covered over with vinyl flooring.

5.  I have yet to come across a single window that is level or plumb, including the framing around it.

More to follow as I keep working on this one.  Maybe some pics too.

2 comments:

  1. Kb Homes are the one who remodeled my house and there is not problem on it. All of their work was well good. They are saying the truth on their KB Homes Reviews. Visit this page to see their remodeled houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is great for you, but it wasn't the case for me. I don't really care what Wikipedia has to say about KB. I'm speaking from personal experience on my own house as well as many other KB homes I've looked at that were built around the same timeframe as mine.

      Delete